Monday, October 1, 2007

The Invisible Man

Hi there!This is a poem I wrote just yesterday(16/06/07) due to a sudden inspiration I got to write something ending with the phrase 'lies he'. I later found out why: it was because the day before i had read the phrase 'is he' in a Thirukkural translation page hence, I felt the need to write the poem which I now share with all of you. Enjoy!

The Invisible Man

Born in a cowshed
Baptized by a priest
Orphaned in three months
An invisible baby is he.

Sitting under a peach tree,
Unnoticed by a flea
Walking home in silence
An invisible boy is he.

Studying for hours at a stretch
Quite unintelligibly
Not a mark of strain or pressure
An invisible adolescent is he.

Refused jobs everywhere
He wanders back hopelessly
To the place that he was born
Now an invisible man is he.

Lives his years in idleness
All the way up to eighty
Locked forever within himself
Now in a grave lies he...

No comments: