Monday, October 1, 2007

My old friend

Hey there! Here's my latest poem (written on 25/09/07) . Enjoy!

My old friend

A nice breeze ruffles my hair,
A nice smell tickles my nose,
I catch a fleeting glimpse of someone,
Who in my garden, comes and goes.

I sneak outside the house,
Check if the coast is clear,
I go out to find that someone,
I search high and low, there and here.

I look among the flower beds,
I search behind the trees,
and when I think I've lost that someone,
I hear the sound of rustling leaves.

Quietly do I follow,
This secret visitor of mine,
And just as he escapes,
I hold himin an iron grip so fine.

He turns around and gasps as,
The dawning of realization takes place,
And in turn I bite my lip,
As I look upon his face.

"Hey! I know you!"
We said in unison,
We talked and talked and laughed and laughed,
And recounted old memories one-by-one.

After all these years,
We had met once more,
Old friends we were again,
As we stood hand in hand near the door.

We watched the sun set,
And the night begin to fall,
Then he sneaked away so stealthily,
He was a criminal after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very beautiful poem!!
who is he??

Maya Balaji said...

a criminal...